31 December, 2012

2012. Coming to an End - #Part II

If you've read ma previous post, you've known that we are doing a year end thingy. :P 
And so, lets continue from where I stop the previous post shall we?? :D
Okay...here goes.. (Imma sorry..Bear with me please :<) 

2.First Job
My job as a promoter and our job at Isetan and Frostbite.


As the O levels had just pass, the holidays we are having would definitely be a very long one (think about from Nov-April).

So we were like


So, it's the time where you would find penniless O level graduates going round looking for a job.

At that period of time, we were really desperate to find a job, we look through newspaper, online and even went door to door asking if they are hiring. =//=

Especially when we are busy with Chingay training at the same time as well. *Very hardworking hor -smirks-*
Then, as if on queue, one of my best friend ask if we were interested to work as a promoter, BUT, there's only one position available. :(

Oh well, I decided to take it up since I don't know how many centuries it would take for me before I could find another job. *faints*

And so, I went for the job (YAH. if you realised I don't have to go for an interview at all ) here comes another BUT:  it was really...boring...like..ya.. *cricket sound* 

I work for only a short period of 7 days before I was fired T____T
(or should I say YAY!! O///O)


Apparently, there was some (serious) mis-communication going on there between me and my boss or the manager. ( Seriously, I forgot. I've never once met her in person as well :O)

I'm only given a number where I contact my manger/boss/in-charge. 

I don't even own a cellphone then as well ( I know I know, it's really pathetic ;( )

I called her up to inform her that I will not be free for a couple of days as I was going for training and the most ever so exciting - Poly open house!! :D

So, she says okay and I just went ahead with my activities.

Who knows, when I came back from open house on that evening, my Mum say that the in-charge called up and asked why I wasn't there and stuff, and she said that I don't have to come back the next day.

I was like...

OKAY...nevermind then ;( Although the job was pretty simple ( you just had to sell and promote your stuff which in my case is household items like rice-cooker etc ) and the pay was reasonable like around $6.50/hr,

It's just that I just don't like the fact that I know nothing about what I am selling at all, it's like when customers ask you which is better and you just stand there and go :

Uh..., for don't know how long? *roll eyes*

I look so young and inexperienced also. *sobs* Half the time they would only call me when they need help like:

Customer: -Glances- Look at their item. -Glances again-
Customer: Uh..Miss!! Can help us take this? 
Me: *being helpful always, ya know* Huh? Uh, yah sure sure!!
-scurries off to find ladder- or sometimes I just tiptoed a little.
 :D

So, yah it was VERY BORING and ..let's move on to ma next better job :d

Job @ Isetan
The second job is at Isetan where we work as cashiers.

For me, the experience was really fun ^^.

It was on April when I first started working and I was at the cosmetics department at Shaw house.

I shall just do a quickie.

Uh..It's fun cos you get to see many rich people ( okay, not exactly rich) who can afford to buy the whole entire set of SK II along with expensive perfumes.

I was like OMAHGWAD Holy stuffs O____O *caress* hahaha

It's not something that I definitely could afford :( Sometimes, I feel so jealous that I could stare at the bottles for so long...

I began by helping to pack and slowly learn cashiering meanwhile.

So, as I gain experience, it became easier and more fun. In the beginning, as you would DEFINITELY make many mistakes, alot of voids had to be done.

At that time, I thought it was quite normal until, now when even one single void would get me screaming as it is REALLY VERY ANNOYING >:(

Case of voids would be like: -change of payment methods like from Credit card to Nets
                                            -change of cards
                                            -wanting to use vouchers SUDDENLY

They would be like: Uh..Oh ya I forgot that I have vouchers, can I use them?
I mean of  course you can, but, can't you do it like before I finish the whole transaction or smth?!! I mean like....SERIOUSLY?? How could one forget that you have vouchers on you? another one would be

                                            -forgetting to show member card and AGAIN SUDDENLY REMEMBER

I beg all of you..please don't make things difficult for us :( Try to remember everything before you pay okie? :D

It will make it a better place for you and me ^^ You don't want to be kept waiting isn't it? 
We do not want that as well, so... yah ..Please co-operate..  제발 (jeh-bahl) *puts hands together* kamsahamnida

Another thing that pissed me is when customers gave you a big $1000 and expect you to have enough change when they are only paying for a $100+ thing.


So when you tell them that we do not have enough cash at the moment they would make a fuss and say things like:

Are you sure you don't have? The previous time I came have eh.. =.= 


Uh. Excuse me hor sir/madam, If your math is good enough you should know that your change would be ~ $800+ . 

These days, people uses credit cards more, so what makes you think that there would DEFINITELY be enough cash to change you back :< 

AND.

If I say we do not have enough, I'm just being frank so that you could perhaps use other payment methods. I don't see why I should lie as well * I'm such a good little girl....why should I do that ?? HMPH*  

So...yah..Please be considerate, No??

Okay. So apart from all these strange customers I would meet, I have lotsa fun with my colleagues as they look after me very well :D

The reason I quit this job is because I was facing problems with ma school work. So... Sadly.. I left the job ;(


MOVING ON ^O^



Job @ Frostbite

This job is found online and I was still working at Isetan then. It was a long semester break so, yup, I was having two jobs. :O Amazing right..hehehe I know *shy*

Basically this is a Popsicle store where you just have to attend to customers and give them the flavour that they want. 

It's that simple :D 

BUT (3rd time already...) As the owner owns this stores and two other stores, we had to rotate between this and the other hot dog store. 

The store we were working at is at One Fullerton. Being located near Merlion Park, which was a tourist attraction, there were LOTS OF FOREIGN PEOPLE , and they seems to be there for almost the entire day. 

Yeah. And so, the problem is that the pay at frostbite is lesser than the other store Big Dawg, a hot dog stand and way more boring also. 

I guess that we were just unlucky that it rains almost every time we work *WAE!! The rain loves us!!YAY ;___; *  causing lesser crowds = boring.

But, I prefer working at Big Dawg as I learnt more things and it's more fun.

The Aunty-in-charge taught me how to slice pickles thinly and count stocks and make smoothie :D 

So, at the end of the day, I know how to make a hot-dog bun and smoothie!! YAY!!

The experience was nice. But the working hours are a tad too early -yawns- especially when you have to squeeze with the other commuters -clench teeth-. Night shift are also a little late ( I knocked off at 11pm) and it could be dangerous for us young girls as there are clubs nearby as well. I'm not surprised that one day there would be a drunk dude going: 小妹妹 ~ 跟哥哥玩啊~ ( Hey little girl~ Come play with me will ya~? ) O.O 

*Sigh* So once again, the reason why we didn''t continue the job is because of those reasons above and partly because we went for a school cruise trip. When we came back, we lose all interest and they don't seem like they need us anymore so we just quit. :( 

OKAY!!! IT"S THE END!!
YAY!! Sorry for keeping you guys!! Issit really boring D; Just sharing ya know ;( 

All in all, we are currently jobless until the next holiday where we would become Year 2s !! OH NO!! The horror!! :O 

And... I would just like to say that these experience and memories we have earned along the way through these jobs are something we would never forget :D I hope that the future would be better!!

If there any feedbacks on how we can improve on our blog, please do drop a message yeah ^^

Bye people~!! Thank you for your time!! AND


In a few hours time, to be exact >O<
Here's a special XL signage for you guys!! :3
*muacks*



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...