29 December, 2012

2012. Coming to an End - #Part I


Say 2012, and the thought where the world is going to end would be in people's mind.

For me, I was kinda scared as well cos who knows, it might really be true :( 

It was predicted that the world is gonna end on 21st Dec because Nibiru, a supposed planet discovered by the Sumerians, is headed toward Earth.

This catastrophe was initially predicted for May 2003, but when nothing happened, the doomsday date was moved forward to December 2012 and linked to the end of one of the cycles in the ancient Mayan calendar at the winter solstice in 2012 -- hence the predicted doomsday date of December 21, 2012.

But, with so many people panicking and worrying on 21st dec, the world didn't end after all
*touch wood -___-* 

So, yeah be happy and continue doing what you've always wanted to! 

(heh. this is obviously not the end >:D)

However, apart from the world coming to an end, 2012 is a year with many up and downs for me and ma sis. 

And which brings us to this special post :

It also summarise and close the year proper for a fresh new beginning next year :D

In 2012, we experience many things and also somewhat forces us to learn and be responsible since we pass our sweet 16. T_____T

<!CAUTION! WORDY POST! >

1.Chingay 2012
Chingay Parade - Asia’s Grandest Street Parade and Party!

This was not our first time joining, so it was not really very terrifying as what we would feel in the first year. 

The first time we joined was in 2011 when we were 15.

At that time, it was our CCA (Co-curriculum activity) - Service Learning Club that gave us a chance to participate in Chingay 2011.

Being under PAYM hip hop dance contingent, we performed for the closing of the parade that involved 2,000 energetic youths for this grand finale segment.

I remembered the first day where we ( me. my sis and ma friend) already had problems finding our training place, which is like total epic fail.
 We even took a taxi down when we realised later on that it is actually nearby. -___- 

From there, we meet the choreographers, trainers and of course everybody else who are performing. 

Though the performance is around Feb 2011, we would begin training as early as Sept 2010.

Yeap!! It's really that hardcore!! 

Apart from the long hours of training, one must go through the blasting hot summer sun that is glaring down on you.

It's really super hot and it's worse if you forgot to apply sunscreen *O*
You will end up looking like a cooked crab and later becoming a burnt charcoal :( 

So much for our whitening efforts >____< 


You might think, why would you guys want to continue training since it is so tiring and stuff?

My answer: Passion :) and the wonderful people in it <3 

Because of the fact that you put in so much effort and time to memorise and perfect the steps, how could I possibly just quit like that?

Especially for the fact that it hip-hop dance, it makes me want to stay even more.

Since young, we've always had a keen interest towards dance
(though I admit I can't dance well ;_____;) actually more towards the contemporary side.

In primary school, we wanted to join Chinese dance, but because of the fees, we gave it up.

Similarly, in secondary school, though it's free, we were afraid that our lack of dance background would cause up not being able to catch-up and for the fact that we don't know anybody in Chinese dance, we forego it as well.

That's why when this opportunity came along, we had to make sure we make use of it and perform our best.


Secondly, the friends and the memories.

Even though we might not know each other in the beginning, we all get to know people around you in the same row and column.

We would go out together to have lunch, gossip and stuff.

Then come the time of performing which is the result of what you have been expecting after all these training, the adrenaline rush that goes through you and the happiness ,
I don't really know how to explain D;

You know that feeling you get when you see the audience cheering for you ? Yeah! That feeling n____n


This is the only pic that me and ma bestie took ;(
I did take one pic with sis but it's in my other friend's phone. :< (Don't ask me about the blue makeup thingy.. I dunno why they want it that way as well :O)



Because of all these wonderful memories, we decided to join Chingay 2012 and it was a really fruitful one as well :D!!

Though not everybody from 2011 is in this year's parade, it doesn't means that its not as fun.

This year, we all had groupings which makes it more fun.

We are in group L and the best group I've ever known! ^O^ Oh yeah~


We play bonding games half the time, laugh together really loud and meet up to go for training.

That period of time spent together was really super awesome.

Even though we are having our O levels then, I was really amazed that we could still find the time to go for training and manage to catch up with the dance as well even though we joined late.

This year's parade is not hip-hop :< but carrying props with little dance on the way.

The main point is the splashing of the water we are walking in >.< with spades high up in the air!!

It was very fun but cold... *Imagine running down happily when suddenly -splash- ur 'insides' feel so wet and ya you know O.O Especially when the costumes are waterproof it just leave that afdghjkgf feeling on your body :( *

The main dance is when we stop at our positions facing the audience where we would go together forming a whirlpool and then back to our lines again.

One sad thing that happened was, I dropped ma spade!! D:

Without the spade, you could only use your hands to throw water up, which was really little, if you know what I mean =__=

So you could imagine how I feel when I'm still at the walking-in section when a huge wave of water washed the spade outta my hand *wails* -R.I.P spadey, I will rmbr you forever ;____;-

Even though the choreographers said not to pick up the spades no matter what ( as it would spoil the image) , I was too exasperated and keep hollering around at the back to my friends to help me pick up the damn spade floating away from me.

BUT, I don't know for whatever reason...they just can't seem to hear me ;(

[ I think it's because our mouths are covered with mask, I guess they are just hearing: NGH NGHADE!! NGH SCHPADE NGROP! )

WAHH!!! I was so sad I feel like just throwing my prop and run out!! *Sigh*

But, I still continue in the end, where I pick up other people's spades that were floating around as well *grins*
So, it was not bad throughout :D

This year Chingay 2013, we didn't join as we are too busy in poly :<

If you are interested ,you could go check out the parade which is on the 22nd and 23rd Feb :D


You could also help out as a volunteer!!

Volunteers needed

Overall, throughtout the years I've spent in Chingay, I've really learnt alot as a participant :)

Although we couldn't particpate this year, I hope that the PAYM contingent performing for Chingay 2013 would have a blast and do their best!!

 Hwaiting!!~

Alright then, I guess I'm boring isn't it *cries* talking so much... haha.

I shall stop here then and continue in the other parts :D Do come back and read yeah !! MUST!! *Begs*

#foreveralone #sobs




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...